|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook time: 20 minutes||Serves: 2|
Craving the crunchy, savory flavor of tacos? Those old tacos tasted good in your mouth, but the rest of your body rebelled. These tacos are crispy, fresh, loaded with smokey hamburg and covered in cheese sauce, and your body will thank you!
- 1 cup broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced bell pepper, preferably orange or red
- 3 large diced white button mushrooms
- 1 can fat-free refried beans
- 1 packet taco seasoning (Check ingredients! We use McCormick.)
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 cup shredding Romaine lettuce
- 1 serving of Tofu Hamburg
- 1 serving of Nacho Cheese (optional)
- Salsa of choice
- Several large collard green leaves for taco shells.
- Saute broccoli, onion, peppers, and mushrooms over medium heat until onions are translucent and other vegetables are tender.
- Add refried beans, all seasonings, and lime juice, mixing well over continued heat.
- Place bean/vegetable mixture on collard green leaf, adding the Tofu Hamburg, fresh tomato and Romaine lettuce, Nacho Cheese, and salsa.