|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 4 hours||Serves: 4-6|
Continuing our series of Fall recipes, here’s an easy way to prepare butternut squash. Get it started early, and the whole house will smell delightful by the time you ladle it out! This can be eaten on its own, or perhaps you’d like to serve it alongside Kati’s Cranberry Sauce.
- 2 1/2 pounds frozen butternut squash (or one fresh one cubed)
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Cashew Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper for kick (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a crockpot on high.
- Wait between three and four hours, or until veggies are soft. Fresh squash might require a bit longer.
- Blend it together (be careful, it’s HOT!)