|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 10 minutes||Serves: 4-6|
It’s like the closest thing you can get to apple pie for dinner. It’s so good! This cranberry sauce is the perfect accompaniment to a holiday dinner, or you can just eat it out of the pot.
Also, instead of apples, consider trying these variations:
Orange Zest Cranberry Sauce
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
2 teaspoons of orange zest
Cinnamon is optional
Tropical Cranberry Sauce
2 very ripe mangoes, peeled and finely diced or crushed
1 tsp of vanilla
- One 12oz bag of cranberries
- 2 apples (any variety, but we used Granny Smiths)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Peel and finely dice the apples, leaving some larger pieces.
- Put all ingredients into a pot and bring to boil.
- Simmer on medium, stirring occasionally, until all berries are popped and sauce has thickened.