|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook time: 4 hours||Serves: 4-6|
These baked beans are sweet and easy! Just knowing they’re brewing away inside can help put some extra cheer into your crisp, autumn day. A day of work seems all the more satisfying when your open your door and are enveloped by the smell of cooking beans, with notes of apple and maple syrup!
If you want to prepare it even faster, you can substitute frozen onions and peppers. Then just about the only thing you have to do is peel and dice some apples!
- 1 15.5oz can of cannelini beans
- 1 15.5oz can of kidney beans
- 1 15.5oz can of chickpeas
- 2 large onions
- 2 large apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, minced (I sometimes leave some whole ones)
- 8oz tomato sauce (or homemade Marinara Sauce)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Combine the tomato sauce, maple syrup, mustard, vinegar, and liquid smoke in a measuring cup.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Put all ingredients into crockpot and mix in sauce.
- Cook on low for four hours.