|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook time: 1 hour||Serves: 4-6|
Looking for a creamy mashed potato recipe? Mixing in a simple cashew butter produces a rich mashed potato fit for the Thanksgiving table—that’s where ours ended up!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup raw cashews (about a quarter cup per potato)
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable broth or plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- Place cashews in saucepan with water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer until tender. (This should take 40 to 60 minutes.)
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Put quartered potatoes in saucepan with water. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer until tender.
- Place softened cashews into food processor and process on high, adding vegetable broth as needed to reach a peanut butter-like consistency. (This should take several minutes.) Scrape down sides of processor occasionally to reclaim any larger pieces of cashew.
- Combine potatoes, cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix.
- Top with chopped scallions and enjoy!