|Prep Time: 10 minutes||Cook time: 35 minutes||Serves: 4|
We wanted the experience of barbecue wings, and this cauliflower recipe hits the spot! With a little breading and a thick coating of hot sauce, this benign, pale vegetable transforms into a fiery taste sensation.
- For the Breaded Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- For the Sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot (or other hot sauce)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (or apple cider)
- 1 tbsp molasses (or maple syrup if preferred)
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Mix all batter ingredients together.
- Dip and coat cauliflower florets, then spread evenly onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. You don’t necessarily have to flip the cauliflower, but the underside might be mushy if you don’t.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together.
- After the cauliflower has been baking for its 30 minutes, remove it. Brush a thick layer of sauce onto the cauliflower and bake it for a further 5 minutes.