|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook time: N/A||Serves: 4-6|
This pie crust is quick to prepare, delicious, and crispy! Kati wanted a way to prepare me pies, and so she surprised me with this creative recipe. We paired it with our Apple Pie Recipe.
This recipe makes use of a flax egg. Flax eggs are effective substitutes for eggs in baking contexts, and are quite inexpensive. Spelt and almond flour are available at any major grocery store—although you can make your own almond flour easily enough!
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 1½ cups spelt flour
- 4 tbsp flaxmeal + 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Up to an additional half cup water as needed
- Mix flax and water together and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add flax egg to flour mixture and add syrup.
- Mix until combined adding additional water gradually if needed.
- Roll out on a silicone mat or parchment paper so that you can flip it over into a pie pan. This recipe makes two crusts—one for the bottom and one for the top of the pie!